The Walkerton & District Hospital Foundation would be pleased to be the charity of choice for your next fundraising event. Third-party events are coordinated and hosted by people who wish to hold their own fundraiser to benefit the work of the Walkerton Hospital.
Special community events are important to the fundraising success at the WDHF. A special event is any event, in support of the WDHF, that is hosted by any party outside of the Hospital Foundation. An outside party could include a business, organization, individual, school, club, etc.
What kind of events work?
- Golf Tournaments
- Fashion Shows
- Races (run, walk, bike)
- Car Rallies
- Bake Sales
- Car Washes
- Book Sales
- Dinner Parties
- Donation Boxes
- A-Thons of any kind (swim, bike, walk, run)
- Auctions (live & silent)
- Sporting Events
- Dress Down Days
- Craft/Art Shows
- Lemonade Stands
- Scavenger Hunts
How do I host a successful event?
- Determine the purpose of your event.
- Identify the type of event you are going to host (BBQ, garage sale, carnival, etc.)
- Distinguish what your event will be, when it will be (make sure there are no competing events being held on the same day), who will attend and support your event, and why you are holding this event.
- Register your event. Once you have decided on your event, please contact the Foundation by emailing WDHFoundation@sbghc.on.ca or by calling 519-881-0441.
- Once your event has been approved consider promoting your event. Please contact us prior to using any promotional material with the WDHF logo on it for approval.
What can WE do for YOU?
- Meet with you to approve an event & promotional material with the use of the WDHF logo
- Provide a letter of support to prospective sponsors
- Promote your event internally
- Social media promotion
- Participate in any cheque presentation photos
- Send a representative to attend the event, if appropriate
- Recognition following the event
To discuss hosting a fundraiser on behalf of the Foundation, please contact Foundation Co-ordinator, Cheryl Hopkins at 519-881-0441 or via email.