The evidence of the community's generosity is clearly visible all around the Walkerton Hospital. Since the Foundation was incorporated in 1994, community support has helped raise over $4,800,000.
Completed projects include the purchase of:
- 64 - Slice CT scanner
- Fluoroscopy X-ray machine
- Digital mammography machine
- Diagnostic imaging equipment including PACS,
ultra sound machine
- Laboratory & emergency department medical equipment
- Palliative care room upgrades
- Obstetrical equipment including 2-neonatal warmer & fetal heart monitors
- 2 - Anesthetic machines
- Surgical equipment for the O.R.
- Nursing mandated education
- Infrastructure projects i.e. elevator, roof, generator and Physician offices