Fundraising dollars will be utilized to improve the health care in our small town community. Funds will be applied towards the funding commitment for the purchase of the Fluoroscopy X-Ray Machine for the Diagnostic Imaging Department at the Walkerton Hospital. The Foundation has raised over $300,000 toward the commitment to fund $500,000 of the $810,000 machine.
Fluoroscopy is an imaging technique that uses X-Rays to obtain real-time moving images of the internal structures of a patient through the use of a fluoroscope.
The Fluoroscopy x-ray machine features:
- Height adjustable table for easier patient transfer
- High resolution radiography with reduced radiation to the patient up to 90%
- The most current technology in radiography and produces the highest quality images
- Improved comfort for patients and staff
- New procedures now offered including Scoliosis testing and leg-length exams...Patients previously had to travel to large centres
- Since May 2013 the Fluoroscopy X-Ray Machine has performed over 8,700 procedures
With the benefits sought from this piece of equipment, we will be one step closer to achieving our goal of providing the best possible health care for all patients close to home.